Friday, June 27, 2014

Tag, You're It! Challenge

  
Note: This is a first for me--three posts in one day!
Please scroll down or click here for the AEI♥U Challenge
and scroll even further down or click here for the CASual Fridays Challenge. 
 
*****

  
Jackie Rockwell has done it again! She's created a fun new challenge blog
dedicated to TAGS and I'm so honored to be on the inaugural design team!

Tags can be used to decorate gifts, or added to a card or scrapbook page.
The possibilities are endless and the main thing is to have fun when you're creating them.

We're launching the new blog with a mini challenge courtesy of Karin Åkesdotter,
our first guest designer. Here's Karin's adorable tag.


And here's how I was inspired--ink distressing and a super cute image!


I ink distressed watercolor paper and flecked water only on the top portion.
I finally inked up Mama Elephant's Up and Away set and colored the monkey and umbrella
with Copics. The sentiment is from the same set.
I trimmed the piece into a tag shape and tied on a bit of coordinating twine.


I decided to attach the tag to a card that was stamped with Hero Arts'
Tiny Flags Background stamp. I swapped out the twine for ribbon
 and added a few enamel dots for fun.

Visit the Tag You're It! Challenge blog for all the details and to meet
the rest of the design team and see their tag projects.
After you've been inspired, join us and see if you're tagged as the winner
on Friday, July 4th.

Thanks so much for stopping by and we hope you'll play along!


26 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, I love the bright colors on the tag with kraft card base :) congrats on ur new DT, u inspire me a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! The challenge sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I love your ink blending! I always wanted a pet monkey....seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, love t hat little ME guy and how fun that you added it to a card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the DT! And I just LOVE your tag!!! So cute and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new Design Team assignment. I love the background on your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! Love your distressed background and darling image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOOO SOOOO cute!!! This is such a pretty card! Love it Donna!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on making the team Donna. Your tag is adorable. Love how you added it to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats dear Donna being another DT you are really talented card making andddd I love the TAG you made soo sooo cuuuteeee I adore too the card you made with that TAG ...cute cute...big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!!!!! Busy girl!
    Love love love your tag...soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna a fabulous tag and interpretation of Karin's tag. So happy to be designing with you at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute! I always enjoy seeing your creations with distress inks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful! Incredible coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeek, so adorabel, Donna - with your incredible inking too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on this DT gig! How very wonderful for you. Looks like a really fun challenge. Love your little tag. Those MME stamps have just the sweetest images, don't they?! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Donna...I want to inform you I CASE ing your TAG its so sweet and it has a lovely color combo...my one is not perfect like you I am newbie at making droplets... LOL..here is the link to make you easy to find my CASE ing card from your TAG...I love your Tag Donna...cute and sweeeett I wish It can be sent to my Post Box..I will scream dear Donna... Hugs, Monika

    http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2014/06/thanks-card-using-deer-from-wood.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your new DT spot, Donna! I LOVE your cute tag! Beautiful Copic coloring, and your background is fabulous! Off to check out the new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Donna, your ink blending is superb and what a cute tag, love the monkey very much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tags are the cutest! And of course, you are the queen of Distress Inks. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how darling!! What a cute cute tag! Your background is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I simply love your tag Donna! I have been a HUGE fan of your work for a long time, and I am honoured to be on the same design team as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You colored with Copics!! Hope it becomes a habit again!! Congrats on another DT!! I admire the ladies who begin challenge blogs; I know it is a lot of work!! Lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm off to check out this challenge - love your bright tag on the neutral card base! Congrats on the new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  25. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOORGEOUS!!!! Need to get me some ME!!!!

    ReplyDelete