Sunday, December 16, 2012

Keen on Neon

What started out as a white on white card turned into two submissions for 
Moxie Fab World's Keen on Neon challenge.

The words joy, love and peace were die cut from watercolor paper 
and my original plan was to mount them on a watercolor paper base.


Then I decided to color them with the most neon shades of ink that I had 
and water splotched the letters for a bit of interest.
I mounted the words in a tree shape on a kraft card base
that was stamped with Hero Arts' woodgrain stamp.


As I was cleaning up, I looked at the sheet of cardstock that the letters were temporarily
stuck to and saw the negative pattern. I decided not to throw it away but to upcycle! 
You can see the dot glue pattern and it was a bit tacky, but I pounced the surface 
with an Embossing Buddy and the tackiness disappeared.

I wasn't sure about giving someone a black Christmas card, 
but I'll line the inside with white cardstock and it should be good to go.

Thanks for stopping by today!

SUPPLIES:

17 comments:

  1. Donna both of these cards are wonderfully done. I love how you made them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning, stunning, stunning - love them both Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, you have two amazing cards here! I love the neon color combos and the words make a perfect tree! I also love that you used the negative space of the first die cuts to make your second card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are fabulous, Donna! Love the way you created a tree on your first card and the neon against the black looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever and cool. And thrifty - love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Donna! Thanks for linking this up to the Keen on Neon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful Donna! Love them both, but I think the tree is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great simple NEON cards. I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. both are awesome Donna. Great use of all your stash, using the negatives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each way you say Joy, Peace and Love is a colorful and heartfelt message. Great cards Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these are such fun and cute cards Donna! LOVE the neon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are BEAUTIFUL!! I love them both! Congrats on the big win over MF world, Donna! You rock!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these cards are awesome! I specially like how you used the negative of the inked letters, down to the glue dots! Congratulations on winning the Moxie Fab challenge, well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea, Donna!! Love your neon sentiment tree, and how you turned your scrap pieces into a completely new card (with the glue dots too!) My favorite is the tilted "e" on love. Great detail. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your win Donna! You and your card are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. dang, girl! you are the BEST!!! i am floored by your fab cards. so well deserved win!! love love them!

    ReplyDelete