Monday, May 22, 2017

MFT May Creative Construction with Blueprints--Flowers & Foliage



Flowers and leaves add elegance and an organic feel to your projects. Whether
you build a bouquet of blooms or feature a single blossom, your recipient will be
touched by your efforts. Some of our Blueprints feature floral accents and this month,
 the Creative Team has crafted a bevy of looks to inspire your next project.


For my project, I chose to work with Blueprints 14.


Instead of the five petal flower die in the set, I opted to use the middle of the flower
which reminds me of baby mums. Several "mums" and leaves were cut from watercolor
card stock and ink distressed with Distress inks.

I created a square card, using the rounded corner element which was cut from
patterned paper. I ink distressed around the edges for more definition. I loosely followed
a Blueprints sketch found here and finished off the card with the hybrid sentiment.

Visit today's post at My Favorite Things for more inspiration from participating
team members and see how they took on the challenge. Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. Your neutral gingham is just the best, Donna! Allows those gorgeous little blooms to shine - wait. that's probably your fabulous inking!
    =]

    ReplyDelete