Thursday, May 30, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch 30

Note: Please scroll down or click here for Avery Elle's June Release Blog Hop. Thank you!

Here's this week's sketch by Karolyn Loncon.


And here's my no-stamping-all-patterned-paper take on the sketch.


I was going through a pad of Yes, Please patterned papers
when I came across a page of small tags.


I chose three tags, trimmed fish tails and adhered them to kraft card stock.
I cut a strip of wood grain patterned paper and attached it to the top of the flags.
No sentiment was necessary since there are "words to live by"
on two of the flags.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch for all the details and to see how the rest of the team
interpreted this fun sketch and play along with us.

Thanks, always, for stopping by!

SUPPLIES:

15 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using your tags for design and sentiment...so clever! Love your sweet Kraft card, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, Donna! You inking of the banners is SUPERB with that pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I visit your blog, I think "why didn't I think of doing that?" Your cards are always so chic, Donna. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the watercolor feel of those tags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful and clever take on the sketch Donna, love those banner sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, Donna! Way to use some patterned paper tags...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a creative use of the no stamping challenge ... this totally has the feel of a stamped card! Great job, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, this is such a lovely, simple yet effective idea! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these "words to live by" flags. At first I thought you wound twine, then I finished reading...The wood grain dp is perfect for this. And I love the kraft paper. Sweet. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! It can't get much more simple, and that's what it's all about. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so simple and sweet! lovely card, Donna! gotta remember to play with this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this such a Perfect Little Card D!

    ReplyDelete